CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Animal Studies

We teach four science "kits" during the year: Electricity and Magnetism, Rocks and Minerals, Animal Studies, and Food Chemistry (to be replaced with 5th grade's "Landforms" kit next year). In order to make things easier for myself, I've gone through the kit and have written day-by-day lessons for each kit that I can print out and copy onto an overhead. By putting up these overheads, it enables me to be able to circulate through the students more. They have their instructions of how to lead themselves through the experiments and I am able to stop them when I need to to have class discussions, etc. We are doing the animal studies kit in quarter 3, so I've been working on improving my day-by-day lessons. I have created an "Animal Studies Scoot" after reading about the idea on Pinterest of other people creating this game. If you'd like a copy of they day-by-day lessons, let me know, and I'll send them to you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Allison,
    I am so excited that I found someone else that has taught the Animal Studies unit!! I would love to see your lesson by lesson plans if you are willing to share them. I am teaching this unit for the first time and am overwhelmed with all of the information! I could use any help I can get! Thanks!!
    My email address is maris529@frontiernet.net
    ~Lesley

    ReplyDelete