CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Back from Vacation

Hey all! I'm back from an amazing vacation!! My wonderful parents treated us to Disney World for our Christmas gift, and it was awesome!! This was the first time my husband has ever done any "Disney" stuff, and he had so much fun!! I'll admit, I'm thoroughly exhausted...I just wanted to take a nap in my classroom today...but it was SO MUCH FUN!!
However, I just went over to Clutter Free Classroom, and it made me feel totally behind. I know I can "catch up" easily...I just have to put my mind to it and get some rest to feel better and give me the energy to catch up.
Well, I've gone through one week doing my "Daily 4," and I loved it! Granted, I obviously wasn't there the entire week, but it seemed to go so much smoother! I even had a coworker come in and do a peer observation, and she said it looked so much better than when she had come in earlier. She said the kids were all on task and doing pretty quality work. That makes me excited!! It also is helping me hold the kids accountable for the work they're doing while I'm doing guided reading because they staple it all together at the end of the week and turn it in. It's still going to take a little while to really get the kids to hold themselves accountable and hold themselves to high standards on the activities they complete while I'm teaching. However, I know they can do it! I've got a really good group of kids!
Well as that "program" gets under way and we work out the kinks, I'm trying to create a better and easier way for me to keep track of the kids' homework so parents can be more aware of their student's assignments. If anyone has any tips, let me know. I've tried a few different ways, but no matter what I do, it just seems like a lot of work sometimes. But, maybe that's just the way it is! I hope y'all are having a great week so far!! Tomorrow's Humpday!! Halfway through the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment