CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Quarter 3 Bulletin Board

So like I said earlier, my social studies content this quarter is focused around Civil War in North Carolina. Because of this, I created a "Civil War Battles in North Carolina" bulletin board, and I'm super proud of it!

The background is a combination of a United States flag circa 1861, and the Confederate "Stars and Bars" circa 1863. I thought about doing both flags about the same time, but I figured the "Stars and Bars" from 1861 wouldn't be as familiar to the kids as this one. I created this map of North Carolina for my quarter 1 bulletin board which focused on the regions and symbols. I put it back up onto this background to showcase the battles of North Carolina.


This is a close up of my bulletin board. I created miniature "Union" or "Confederate" flags to signify who won each battle. If it was an "inconclusive" result, the marker was a combination of the flags. I also put the name of the battle and the date under each flag.


One last picture of it. Honestly, my quarterly bulletin boards are one of my very favorite things to do on my workdays each quarter. I love trying to come up with a new theme each year and then create bulletin boards related to that theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment