CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Linky Party 2


The linky party this week is a reflection on all of the things she's been asking us to do this week.

Q: What do you plan to do with your "stuff" that you no longer want?
A: Most of it I'm expecting it to throw away. Not having taught for too long, I'm really not thinking that I have many things (if any) that any other teacher wants. However, anything that I think MIGHT be of use to someone, I will definitely put in our teacher's lounge to share with others.

Q: What are your rules for purging?
A: 1. If it's broken, toss it. As much as I tell myself I'll fix it, I never do.
2. If I haven't used it in over a year, toss it.
3. If I have it saved on my computer or if it's available online, toss it.
4. If it's not for 4th grade, donate it!

Q: What have you gathered to make your decluttering task easier?
A: I haven't gathered much as of yet. I have my four big clear bins with the labels clipped to them, and four small clear bins. I plan on getting some of the other things suggested this week since I have workdays this week and that's when I'll be really beginning my decluttering.

I haven't even done any official "decluttering" and I'm so psyched!! I have a few other teacher friends who are encouraging me and waiting to see how this all turns out for me before possibly jumping in. My awesome sister is (as always) looking for amazing resources to be helpful to me. (She's really an amazing sister!)

On a topic other than the linky party, I haven't really posted much else right now because I'm working on typing up writing prompts for my writing station during literacy, and it's taking quite a while. I'm planning on doing a modified "Daily 5" for my classroom to see if that'll help during literacy to hold the kids accountable and make it easier for me to observe them doing the objectives. I'll post some more of that when I get a little further!

3 comments:

  1. I had a small container that I have begun placing items in and as I do that, I will send an email out for teachers to look through for that week. If they are left by the end of the week, then they are donated. Best of luck with the project:)
    {Kimberlee}
    Two Fulbright Hugs
    Teacher Time Savers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    I am your newest follower. Good luck with the decluttering journey... I'm on a mission to get my room back in order. I teach 4th grade as well and would love for you to come check out my blog.

    LaKeta
    Thepolkadotdesk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete