CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Fractions

I know when I was in 4th grade, I HATED fractions. Every time I saw them, I would tense up and try to stall so I wouldn't have to solve it. Now, I LOVE fractions. They're one of my favorite things to do in math, and I LOVE teaching them because I really want to convince my students they're not as scary as they look. Third quarter, we talk about adding and subtracting fractions, and changing improper fractions to proper fractions. I've seen many examples of the "I Have, Who Has?" games, and I LOVE playing that with my kids. I've made an "I Have, Who Has?" game for adding and subtracting fractions with like denominators. The little sun symbol designates the first card. The last card connects back to the first card.

No comments:

Post a Comment